Friday 6 September 2013

Amazon Bestseller rankings - a starting point

This is just a quick update.

Since releasing my ebook, Sentry, my Amazon Bestseller ranking was "unspecified", but I just received word that I am now #50,536 below the bestseller.  This may seem like a huge number from the top of the list, and if you read my previous blogs, my chosen genre (sci-fi) will probably never make the top spot, but there are around 2 million books on Amazon currently, mostly consisting of authors who are just like me.  That means there are 50,536 other authors who are currently selling the same number of books as myself, which is oddly comforting.  I will use this figure as a starting point, and update you regularly with any gains or losses, plus the steps (or mishaps) it took to achieve my latest ranking.  I am HonestAuthor.

No comments:

Post a Comment